Leather soccer shoes are without a doubt more comfortable. The only concern we hear from our customers is about caring for leather footwear. We usually offer advice on leather care for our in-store customers, and now for our online customers or just for someone looking for leather footwear maintenance info here are some tips:
- Large chunks of soil are best removed using a brush or cloth.
- To dry your boots, fill them with newspaper, which is highly absorbent. Replace with new newspaper after few hours. Place the boots in a dry place. AVOID DRYING BOOTS NEAR HEATERS OR UNDER DIRECT SUNLIGHT!
- To keep leather soft and reduce water absorption we recommend Chelsea Dubbin Leathefood
- If available use boot tree to maintain original boot shape
Now a few DON’TS that some of you may find obvious but should be mentioned nevertheless:
- Do not put boots in the washing machine
- Do not leave boots in a bag or box if wet
- Do not expose boots to direct sunlight or heat source like an oven or a radiator
Please note that over time a small gap between outsole and shank may occur. It is not a defect and will not affect your play unless it keeps expanding and causes an actual separation of the outsole.
The general rule of thumb is to clean boots after the game as soon as possible, let them dry from the inside to the outside and apply good quality leather oil or leather food EVERY TIME after boots had been cleaned and dried. These simple steps will let your boots mould to your foot while retaining it’s original shape and leather quality.